Saturday, May 29, 2010

Redbox (and friends)

Redbox is popular on the mainland, but according to their website, there's only one on the island. And somehow it's at Iolani Palace.

However the Safeways here have DVDPlay. And Foodland has DVDXPress. I remember seeing a machine at the Times at Kam Shopping Center. I'll have to check what they have here. [6/6/10 - OK, finally got the spelling right, it's dvmatic.]

What's cool about DVDXpress is I can check what movies are available via the internet.

***

[8/22/10] I noticed RedBox at Walgreens a few weeks ago. And at Foodland too. RedBox is finally here. Looking at the website, I see it's at Foodland (School Street), Walgreens (School Street), K-Mart (Nimitz), Foodland (Dillingham), Foodland (Beretania), Walgreens (Kapiolani), and even at the Salt Lake Longs. In all, Redbox lists 46 on the island.

I even see a few Blu-Ray titles available. These rent for $1.50 per day rather than $1.00.

DVDXpress no longer lists any machines in Hawaii.

No comments: