Sunday, January 01, 2017

the difference between Republicans and Democrats

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be president of the United States.
Both of her parents, liberal Dems , were standing there, so I asked her what she would do first. She replied: "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed.
“Wow, what a worthy goal,” I told her, “but you don't have to wait until you're president to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds and sweep my driveway, and I will pay you $50. Then I will take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward a new house and food.”
She thought it over for a few seconds, then asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over to your house and do the work and you can just pay him the $50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

-- Anthony Zarrella via Quora

No comments: