Saturday, January 21, 2017

a letter to Jordan Ritter

What are some huge life lessons you've learned that you would want to tell your younger self?

Jordan Ritter, CEO of Atlas Informatics, formerly Napster, Cloudmark

Spend deliberate, intentional time thinking about what you value most, what’s truly important to you. It’s an incredibly hard thing to do, to face your own truth, figure out what things you like, recognize things you don’t like, risk discovering unexpected things about yourself. But, that’s what it is to learn to live with, and ultimately love yourself, and through that, learn truly to appreciate and love other people for who they really are - fantastically diverse, amazing and deeply flawed human beings.

Be a Kind person, be an Honest person, and be a Loving person. For those of you reading this, these are the last words my father wrote to me just before he died when I was 17. He was trying to impart important wisdom on me, which I didn’t get at first, simply because I was too young. Later in life I came to understand how profound the message really was.

No comments: