Thursday, March 21, 2013

Best Kung Fu Movies of all time

I remember there was a list from slate magazine a while ago, but I think it's long gone.  (I'll have to look up the link on my old CyberClub Hawaii website.)

So I'm googling what's out there now.

First, without looking much at the others, here's my list off the top of my head

5. Iron Monkey
4. Kung Fu Hustle
3. Wing Chun
2. Enter The Dragon
1. Fist of Legend

(notice they're all YWP movies except for Enter The Dragon)

And my favorite Yuen Woo Ping movies

OK, googling on:

Top 20 Martial Arts Films of all time (Black Belt Magazine)

Top 250 Greatest Martial Arts Movies of All-Time (imdb)

50 Greatest Kung Fu Movies (Total Film)

Top Ten Kung Fu Movies of All Time

The five greatest Martial Arts Movies (IFC)

*** [2/15/14] WatchMojo's Top 10 Martial Arts Movies

And after all these years (looking at Donnie Yen Top 10 Moments), I see I missed a Yuen Woo Ping / Donnie Yen movie.  It's Mismatched Couples.

No comments: