Friday, October 10, 2014

William Shatner in Star Trek 3?

'Will William Shatner appear in Star Trek 3?' has been the question on every Trekkie's lips.

But after being told not to speak about the film for a second time, the original Captain T. Kirk says he's in quite the 'dilemma' but is 'very excited' about the new film.

'Here's my dilemma, I was cautioned not to speak about this and the next day it was out all over Twitter,' William, 83, exclusively told MailOnline.

'So I talked about it and then I get another phone call telling me to keep quiet again! All I can say is that I'm very excited about the film.'

Last week, Shatner took to social media to shut down reports he was set to star in the third Star Trek film from JJ Abrams.

But the 83-year-old gave fans a glimmer of hope at the Wizard World Nashville Comic-Con on Friday, admitting Abrams had been in touch with him and he would indeed be keen to star in the next film, on the proviso the script had substance.

William certainly shares a likeness to Chris Pine, the actor who has taken up the Captain Kirk mantle, and is happy when people describe Chris as good looking.

'You know everyone commented on how good looking he is, so by extension that means I am too,' the Canadian actor laughed.

No comments: