Saturday, June 23, 2012

shopping on Amazon

Went looking for Lysol disinfectant spray today (or equivalent) today. Checked Safeway and Longs. The best deal I found was $6 for a 12.5 oz can at Safeway.

Now I'm checking Amazon. They have a 3 pack for only $9.86. And these are 19 oz cans! Next time.

Also looked for bathmats. This is sort of hard to find. Didn't see any at Costco. They had a $6 one at Longs and also a $13 one. Wound up buying the $6 one. Amazon? The cheapest one I see is this $6 deal. I guess this real deal would be this Rubbermaid mat for $9.

How about coffee stirrers? Couldn't find any at Safeway or Longs. The best deal is this Genuine Joe 1000 pack for $5.95. Well I guess this one is even cheaper per stirrer. But I don't think I need 5000.

One thing that caught my eye was the Angry Bird hooded blankie (or whatever). I think this is the one. It was cheaper at Costco Also the Angry Bird pillow which was out of stock at Costco. This might be it. It was also cheaper at Costco (if they had them). How about the Angry Bird plush toy which they're selling at roku.com. Amazon has one with sound for $8.55. The one at roku is for $6.99 but I don't know if it has sound.

I wonder if they sell cranberry juice? Actually they do. But you have to buy in quantity, like this 8-pack.

Hmm. I can see you can almost buy everything by mail order. How about bread? The one I buy from Costco is Oroweat Oatnut. Nope. Though they do have Arnold oatnut whole grains bread who's packaging looks very similar. Apparently they're the same company. But it's much cheaper at Costco.

So I'll keep Amazon in mind for future purchases, but Costco does give free samples..

No comments: