Sunday, June 21, 2009

IMEEM

I happened to turn to PBS which was running the David Foster tribute, Hitman.

Michael Buble was on and starting to sing Home with a twang alluding to the country version. It turned out the guy who did the country cover (which reached no. 1 on the charts) was there too. It was a guy named Shelton. The only Shelton I knew was Ricky Shelton, but the artist is Blake Shelton (which tells you how much I know music). I remember hearing this version on the radio (K59?) and liked it.

Anyway, I found his video on CMT.

Later on, Boys 2 Men showed up and was doing I Swear and a google search hit on a site called IMEEM. It's sort of like Pandora where it plays the song then plays a related song after that. You have to register to listen to all of the music, but it's free.

I switched to Michael Buble. Then to Sinatra. Then after a while it started playing Chicago music done in a jazzy style. It's kind of catchy. The album is named Bossa N' Chicago. And evidently out of print. Not even listed on Amazon. But you can hear it on IMEEM. (Here's a link to Hard Habit to Break.) They also have a Bossa 'N Beatles. But for some reason I'm more hooked on the Chicago one.

Hey, here's the playlist on IMEEM! (via a Google search of Bossa N' Chicago). Cool.

It seems the singer is Rita Lee who is from Brazil. But the wikipedia entry has no mention of the Bossa albums.

Hey, I see there's a bunch of Bossa albums (of questionable legality on rapidshare).

* * *

[7/1/09] I did a search on IMEEM for Fly Me To The Moon and came across a singer named Olivia Ong. She a jazz singer sort of like Diana Krall or Jane Monheit. But then I see from one of her albums she sings Bossa Nova. And now it sounds like she's singing in Japanese. Anyway, pleasant.

No comments: