Thursday, May 07, 2009

a filet o' fish analysis

Give me back that filet o’ fish,
Give me that fish.

Give me back that filet o’ fish,
Give me that fish.

What if it were you
hanging up on this wall?

If it were you in that sandwich,
you wouldn’t be laughing at alllllll!

* * *

Why does the talking wall fish want the filet o’ fish sandwich “back”? Did the bearded dude steal it from him? Something smells fishy here…

What if it was the guy eating the sandwich hanging up on the wall? I’d agree that that wouldn’t be a very pleasant predicament to be in, but if he were on the wall, he wouldn’t be in the sandwich, thereby rendering the last line meaningless.

Plus, if the guy was in the sandwich (being eaten), he likely wouldn’t be laughing because he’d be dead and processed in a McDonald’s fish-like sandwich. I’ve never heard any sandwich laugh in my life.

Not to mention that the bearded guy isn’t even laughing at the singing fish, nor is he laughing at the sandwich he’s eating. So why does the fish even say “you wouldn’t be laughing at all”? He’s NOT laughing! If anything, he’s trying to hold back from busting a serious move due to the wall fish’s amazing synthesizer beat.

The only part of this commercial that makes any sense is the reaction of Bearded Dude #2 when he walks in the garage and witnesses what is happening. Although, if I were him, I might take that drill in his hand to the fish’s skull, thus ensuring a safe world for everyone.

Yes, these are the things I think about. I probably wouldn’t think about it so much if they didn’t play this commercial every waking hour of every day.

-- by jamie

No comments: