Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Johnny Cash

[split from Michael Buble post]

[Michael Buble is] now on my short list of music to buy (along with the Johnny Cash tribute albums -- while I wait for TNT to one day replay or otherwise make available their All-Star Tribute).

[9/3/08] I see that Johnny Cash's performances on the TNT Special is on youtube (search for Johnny Cash TNT Special, also on scalos.webs.com).

What's on the Show (viewed on my shaky video tape)
Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson Jackson/Orange Blossom Special
Jon Voigt speaks
Chris Isaak singing Guess Things Happen That Way / short history / Get Rhythm
John Carter Cash speaks
Willie Nelson - I Still Miss Someone
June Carter Cash Ring of Fire
Bob Dylan Train of Love
Jon Voigt retrospective
Mavericks Man In Black (end of Chris Isaak video)
Kris Kristofferson - Ballad of Ira Hayes
Trisha Yearwood (with Kris) Sunday Morning Coming Down
Larry Gatlin introduces Brooks & Dunn (Ghost)Riders in the Sky
Lyle Lovett - Tennessee Flat Top Box
Bruce Springstein Give My Love To Rose
Emmylou Harris with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Sheryl Crow, and Marty Stuart - Flesh and Blood (comparing to my tape, though it says Kindred Spirits CD, it's actually from the show)
Kevin Bacon retrospective
Wyclef Jean Delia's Gone
Dave Matthews with Emmy Lou Harris - The Long Black Veil
Rosanne Cash - retrospective
Marty Stuart & The Fairfield Four - Belshazzar
U2 Don't Take Your Guns To Town
Tim Robbins introduces Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues (he kind of looked like Bill Dana]
Johnny Cash and friends I Walk The Line

(Hey, the tape isn't as bad as I thought, though really jittery at the beginning.)

[11/4/12] Some of the links above are dead.  But here's an updated listing from raulmalo.com (thanks!)

No comments: