Saturday, July 12, 2008

cheap weed killer

Betty's caregiver (one of them) told me to use salt water to kill off koa. I figured if it could kill koa, it should be able to kill weeds. I wasn't sure if it was true, but apparently it is.

If there is an area where you don't want *anything* growing back, salt water is a great way to kill off weeds and keep them from coming back. I use 1 part salt to 2 parts water.

(And more)

*** [7/9/13] Just looked up natural weed killers recently and sure enough, I see this post from Roy on facebook.  The recipes are similar, but the first one recommends pickling vinegar since it has higher acetic acid.  But I didn't see it when I went to Foodland.  Maybe I'll try apple cider vinegar since we have an old bottle.

*** [5/7/14] more from facebook

*** [5/9/14] the truth about Natural Weed Killer exposed

[5/14/14] 9 Natural Ways to kill weeds (from Bob Vila.com)

[5/24/14] Weed-Be-Gone (similar to previous)

No comments: