Monday, June 09, 2008

my new camera

After 9 years of using my Sony Mavica FD (which stands for floppy disk) I figured it was time for a new camera, especially with Christie graduating. (And actually I haven't used any camera for a number of months now.) Actually I had a Fuji FinePix too, but that ain't working well if at all now.

I was looking at the Amazon reviews at the cameras on sale at Circuit City, the Canon Powershot A470 in particular, I noticed somebody talking about the Kodak Z712. The feature that grabbed me is the 12x zoom. My Sony has a 10x and I felt that I didn't want to take a step back by getting a 3x which is what most of the budget cameras have these days.

Anyway, I'm still playing with it. But I like it so far. Though I'm somewhat disappointed at its performance at distance shots (or shots without flash) in low light conditions.

Here's the review at DC Resource.

No comments: