Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dalai Lama Renaissance

I saw in the Hi Life section of the 5/8/08 Star-Bulletin (evidently this section is not on the web) that the film, Dalai Lama Renaissance, was being shown at the Unity Chuck of Honolulu.

"Narrated by Harrison Ford, the 80-minute documentary tells the story of 40 of the world's most innovative Western thinkers who travel to India in the Himalayan mountains to meet with the Dalai Lama to try and solve many of the world's problems. What happened was surprising and unexpected, as an 18-person, five-camera crew documented much of the weeklong meeting and exploratoin of the future of mankind.

* * *

Actually I see this film opens one day after Indiana Jones 4.

I didn't know much about the Dalai Lama until I bought the movie Seven Years In Tibet at Safeway for 5 bucks. Then I bought 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama used at Blockbuster. Both interesting.

Then I saw recently two DVDs being sold at Costco: A Path to Happiness (I see some of it on youtube) and The Art of Peace. Oddly, Amazon says the latter DVD is due to be released on July 1.

No comments: